Allium tuberosum (garlic chives, Oriental garlic, Asian chives, Chinese chives, Chinese leek) is a species of onion native to southwestern parts of the Chinese province of Shanxi, and cultivated and naturalized elsewhere in Asia and around the world. (Source: Wikipedia).
- Easy to grow around the world and perennial plant. Grow in North America from spring to fall.
- Flavor: like garlic but not too strong
- Where to buy: Asian supermarkets
- Use: leaves and young flowers in
- Traditional medicine and Asian healthy soups
- Vietnamese, Chinese dishes: soups, salads, stir fried
- Soup – healthy soup cooked with tofu, shrimp, pork, chicken
- Stir fried with beansprouts, tofu, meat, seafood
- Enhance flavor for Vietnamese salads, noodle soups, spring rolls