Banh Bo Nuong is Vietnamese honey comb rice cake (gluten-free). This cake has “sweet and unique flavor of pandan and the sweet and rich aroma of coconut milk. It’s this distinctive fragrance in addition to the soft chewy texture that makes bánh bò nướng irresistible.” Link to the recipe of Banh Bo Nuong from The Spices of Life.
Below is the recipe of Banh Bo Nuong from Play with My Food, traditional cake without sesame seed topping.
- 200ml thick coconut milk/cream (200ml = 1/2 can)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups tapioca starch
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder (single acting, do not use double acting)
- Pandan leaves or extract (optional)
- Boil together coconut milk, sugar, pandan leaves until sugar dissolves, then cool completely.
- Mix together baking powder and tapioca.
- Beat eggs and add syrup (1), then add to tapioca mix (3). Mix everything together until smooth.
- Bake at 350’F for about 45-50 minutes, until golden.
- For best taste, serve this cake within a day.
- Cake is hard on the next day, so microwave and let it warm before eating.
- Best cake is fluffy and has a lot of honey combs.
- Recipe from Play with My Food
- Recipe from The Spices of Life. – best
- Recipe from vietworldkitchen – best