Banh Mi Cha Ga is Vietnamese baguette with Chicken Sausage and Egg. I make this sandwiches for breakfast on Sunday, when I have fresh baked Vietnamese baguettes, and homemade Cha Ga Chien (chicken sausage patties).
- 1 light soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 loafs of Vietnamese baguettes
- 2-4 Cha Ga Chien pieces (chicken sausage), made in advance
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (optional), wahsed
- Sriracha sauce (Huy Fong Foods) (optional)
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- Cut the baguettes into half along its length. Light toast baguettes.
- In a big nonstick skillet, add olive oil and butter. Over medium high heat, cook eggs the way you want.
- For each baguette, first spread some mayonnaise, then add few drops of soy sauce and Sriracha sauce. Next, arrange cooked eggs, chicken sausage patties, cilantro on the baguettes. Put the other half of piece of baguette on the top.
- Serve hot.
Pictures: Vietnamese chicken sausage patties and baguettes.