This pan-seared tilapia is a quick and easy dish. It is delicious, and savory dish. Serve fish with soy sauce, lime, hot sauce, steamed rice, vegetables, and soups (Carrots with chicken sausage soup).
- 1 1/2 lb tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Rinse tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, mix well salt, and all spices. Sprinkle the spice rub evenly over both sides of the tilapia fillets.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan. Cook the fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side until reddish-brown on the outside and flaky on the inside. Do not overcook fish.
- Serve immediately. Note that, I like crunchy tilapia, so the fish does not look moist in the picture.
- Making butter sauce (optional), adapt from Sandra Lee’s recipe
Turn down the heat to the pan the tilapia was cooked to low and add 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter is melted, add 2 cloves of chopped garlic, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley and saute for 2 minutes. Place the fillets on serving plates, top with the sauce and serve.
- Recipes from Sandra Lee – pan-fried-tilapia – Food Network