Goi Tom is Vietnamse tasty shrimp salad. It is served with Nuoc Cham dipping sauce.
Goi Tom - Shrimp Salad
- ½ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, chopped (for sauteed shrimp)
- ½ lb Cha Lua (pork sausage ) or Cha Ga Chien (chicken sausage patties), cut into thin slices
- 2 pieces of Bo Kho (Vietnamese spicy beef jerky), cut into small slices (optional)
- 1 head of romaine or iceberg lettuce, washed and rinsed, shredded
- Vietnamese herb leaves (mints, ram ram, tia to, basil), washed and rinsed, shredded
- Make Nuoc Cham dipping sauce.
- Place shredded lettuce and herbs in a plate.
- Make sautéed shrimp.
- Place sautéed shrimp, slices of Cha Lua, and Bo Kho on the top of the lettuce bed.
- Garnish the salad with mints, Tia To and carrots.
- Pour about 2 tbsp. of Nuoc Cham dipping sauce over the salad.
- Serve with extra Nuoc Cham dipping sauce.
- Instead of pork and shrimp, you can use tofu, chicken, or beef.
- You can also top the salad with roast pork, sautéed pork or beef tenderloin.
- If you do not have Bo Kho (Vietnamese spicy beef jerky), do not replace with hard beef jerky.