In the engineering world, we use the term “fundamental” that is the foundation of what we need to learn before we can move to the next level. Here, we present the fundamental and best method of making spring rolls with rice papers.
Pictures for the procedures of how to handle the rice paper and making spring rolls
Best methos of Making Spring Rolls with Rice Papers
- Lettuce, and herbs – Use salad spine to remove any extra water. Prefer big lettuce leaves.
- Cucumbers: cut into sticks
- Filling: slices of cooked eggs, chicken, pork, fish, shrimp, tofu.
- Rice noodles – optional.
- Nuoc Cham dipping sauce
- A box of Vietnamese rice papers – Do not use small size.
- 2 plates and a bowl that we can spin the rice paper in it.
- Pour warm water in a bowl. Replace new water if it is getting cold.
- Cut a rice paper into 4 pieces. For each roll, we need 1 and 1/4 sheets of rice papers. So cut 2 sheets to make 8 rolls.
- Spin the rice papers around in the warm water, until completely wet. Remove any extra water.
- On the plate, place the whole paper, then the 1/4 rice paper on the top. The 1/4 sheet of rice paper makes the roll stronger, not easy to break.
- Repeat step 3,4 for the 2nd plate.
- Start working on the 1st plate. Now, the rice paper on the 1st place is soft enough for us to handle it, but not wet
- First, place the big leaf of lettuce on the rice paper this works as a extra wrapper, so the rice paper would not break when we roll it.
- Now, place cucumber sticks, herbs, fillings. Do not place too much vegetables and filling, it is easy to break.
- Fold the two edges of the rice paper in and start rolling.
- While rolling, pressing the roll the same time. We want very firm rolls that the filling is not falling apart when we eat or cut the the spring rolls.
- After finishing the roll, the 1st plate becomes the 2st plate, so go to step 5.
- Repeat until finish all your filling and vegetables.
- Serve spring rolls at room temperature. Do not refrigerate, the rice paper may be too hard to eat.
- Some rice paper brands are salty. Therefore, try the spring rolls with Nuoc Cham dipping sauce. If it’s salty, and add some water sugar in the sauce.
Copyright 2015, Tra Vinh Networks, Alright to reserve.