Usage: Use in cooking and traditional medicine.
- Enhance the flavor and aroma of meats and seafood dishes.
- Suppress the strong smell of seafood, fish sauce and shrimp paste.
- Broth: bun bo hue, bun nuoc leo, bo nhung dam
- Marinate: for grilled meats or seafood such as Vietnamese grilled pork, Thit Nuong
- Stir fried, stew, curried : chicken, beef, pork, seafood
- Goes well with garlic, red pepper, onion and fish sauce. Use in mam nem dipping sauce
- Do not eat leaves. Use leaves to cook broth and curry sauce.
- Choose young lemongrass (look fresh and green). Old lemongrass is bitter and is hard to chop
- Shop: buy chopped frozen and fresh lemongrass from Asian super markets
How to chop fresh lemongrass
- Choose young stakes, remove 1, 2 outside layers, wash it.
- Use sharp knife, cut lemongrass into very thin slices, the thinner is the better. Keep the leaves for cooking broths. Be careful not to cut your finger.
- Use food processor to chop lemongrass slices very fine. If chop by knife, it is scatter around easily.